Basement Lowering & Underpinning
Converting damp basements into dry and cozy living spaces.
It’s a relatively straightforward matter for a company like Blueprint. The most common method of basement lowering with underpinning is the “Curb” system. With this system, after excavating to the required depth, a concrete curb is added at the base of the foundation walls. All work is performed by our experts and overseen by geotechnical and structural engineers, as well as city inspectors. A basic underpin job will typically span 4-6 weeks and cost between $35,000-$50,000. The space can then be finished for anything from storage to a legal secondary dwelling unit.
- Initial consultation
- Consult with geo and structural engineers
- Apply for permits
- Seal all openings to main floor. Enlarge existing basement window to allow access from outside. This eliminates all traffic within the house during construction.
- Excavate & underpin foundation
- Install new drainage system and air gap membrane
- Repair/replace underground plumbing
- Add drainage layer and pour concrete floor
- Install basement new window(s)
- Clean up and dispose of all waste materials
- Provides extra living space and adds value to your home
- Add a legal secondary dwelling that generates extra income
- Improves the living conditions of your house by providing better air flow and air quality with reduced dampness in the basement
- Fortifies your existing foundation and creates a water control system that will keep your basement dry
- Improves ground water drainage
- Eliminate seepage of radon gas
- 15-Year Transferable Warranty on all structural work