255 Garneau Street in Ottawa
Spacious 4-bed, 5-bath, 2,400 sf semi-detached home. Flooded with natural light.
This distinctive house consists of three levels above grade plus a fully finished basement. All three levels above grade include 9’ ceilings. There are three full bathrooms with two en-suites and two powder rooms. Two of the 4 full size bedrooms have walk-in closets.
The foyer's sunken floor and 10’ ceilings are eye-catching and the open concept makes the first floor bright and airy. The kitchen is at the heart of this space, with its large island and four-stool breakfast bar. And, a large adjacent dining room incorporates a charming built-in gas fireplace and mantle.
The middle floor offers two bedrooms, a full bathroom, a spacious laundry room with built-in cabinetry and a quartz countertop, and a family room. The family room opens to a private backyard balcony surrounded by mature trees.
On the upper floor, the master bedroom features a spacious spa-inspired ensuite, a large walk-in closet brimming with natural light, and a large south-facing walkout rooftop patio that provides great views of the City. Also located on the upper floor, a fourth bedroom contains an ensuite bathroom.
The backyard includes an interlocking stone patio that extends from the back door, creating a perfect spot for the BBQ. The yard is fully enclosed with new fencing and finished with landscaping and sod so you can begin enjoying it right away.
All appliances are premium grade, including a double-door fridge with a two-drawer freezer, a gas range, a stainless steel hood fan, a huge stainless steel apron sink, stainless steel dishwasher, and full size washer and dryer.
A hi-efficiency furnace, air conditioner, Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV), garage door opener, eavestroughing and downspouts are all included. Other quality finishing touches you'll find are: over 80 pot lights, upgraded trim, matching high-end quartz countertops, and large mirrors.
Bathroom and laundry room walls are insulated to reduce sound transmission. All floors are framed with engineered floor joists to provide stiff and quiet floors, far exceeding minimum code requirements. The party wall between units also exceeds code requirements for sound transmission.
Two parking spaces included per unit (driveway & garage). Exceptional value. No condo or maintenance fees!
SCHEDULE A - Features and Specifications
- 2,400 ft2 unit plus 160 ft2 rooftop terrace and balcony
- Four bedrooms, three bathrooms and two powder rooms
- Energy efficiency design to new 2012 OBC standards
- High-end design and finishes throughout
- Finished basement with powder room and media room
- Tarion 7-year home warranty program
- Two parking spaces; driveway and garage
- Garage door with window; garage door opener, remote
- Micronized copper wood property line fence
- Landscaped yard with planters
- High quality low maintenance exterior finishes
- Exterior lighting; pot lights and wall fixtures
- Large operable windows and doors
- 9’ sliding glass patio door in master bedroom
- Two exterior hose bibs; front & rear
- High quality PVC windows with Low-E double pane glazing
- Weatherstripped steel insulated entrance door with double pane sidelight and transom
- Eavestroughs and downspouts
- Engineered roof trusses, R50 insulation
- 2x6 @16” o.c. exterior walls, R22 insulation and R29 insulation at stucco walls
- 8” - 10” concrete foundation walls, waterproofing, drainage board and R20 insulation
- 12” Engineered floor joists (exceeding structural requirements for stiff floors
- ⅝” floor sheathing glued and nailed
- Party wall construction with 6 layers of ⅝” drywall for high sound transmission rating of STC 62
- 9’ ceilings on all floors above grade with drop ceiling and bulkheads as required
- Energy star stainless steel appliances; counter depth fridge and gas range
- Quartz countertops with integrated 33” apron sink
- Cloud white shaker style birch veneer cabinets
- Spacious ensuite; soaker tub, large shower with glass door, private toilet
- Bathrooms; acrylic tub/shower, vanity with ¾” granite countertop
- Powder rooms with pedestal sink and large mirror
- Insulated interior walls between bedrooms/washrooms
- High quality flooring; maple hardwood, polished porcelain tile and carpet in basement
- Ditra decoupling membrane below all tiles
- Closets with shelving and rods
- Walk-in closets with custom millwork
- Modern Rockport style interior doors
- Premium quality Zero VOC matte finish paint
- Upgraded trim work throughout
- Open riser staircase with solid maple treads
- Prime solid pine interior window jambs
- High efficiency forced air natural gas furnace with heat recovery ventilator
- High efficiency natural gas water heater
- Clean face gas burning fireplace
PLUMBING & ELECTRICAL
- 100 amp breaker panel and copper wiring
- Pot lights throughout
- Pex plumbing lines with shut-offs at all fixtures
- Smoke/CO2 detectors on all floors
- White decora switches and plugs
- Exterior weatherproof outlets; front and rear
- Cable and network wiring in main areas